office for institutional diversity
Boston College Affinity Groups are volunteer, employee-managed groups that promote the interests of their respective constituencies. Affinity Groups bring together individuals with common interests to facilitate efforts that promote education and awareness while helping to advance and sustain a campus culture and climate that welcomes diversity and inclusiveness. The Affinity Groups are open to all employees of the Boston College community and all are encouraged to participate. For more information about any of our Affinity Groups please contact OID or a contact person from any of the groups listed below:
- APIE (Asian, Pacific Islander Employees) Promotes the welfare and interests of the Asian Pacific Islander American employees of Boston College.
- BFSAA (Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators Association) A resource for persons of African descent at all levels of the Boston College community.
- L@BC (Latino/as at Boston College) An association of faculty, administrators and staff committed to promoting the interests and advocating for the advancement of the Latino community of Boston College.
- LGBT@BC The LGBT@BC is an association of faculty, administrators, and staff committed to serving as a resource providing support and advocating for the LGBT community at BC. We use the acronym LGBT to encompass all gender identities and sexual orientations.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- MEEA@BC (Middle-Eastern Employees and Allies Affinity Group) Promotes the welfare and interests of BC’s Middle-Eastern employees, and advocates and supports the professional development and well-being of the BC Middle-Eastern community.
- Staff Advisory Senate Acts as a liaison between the administration and support staff, presenting proposals to the administration that would benefit support staff.
- Women's Collaborative - Informal network of women sharing experiences and resources, career and family concerns, and a desire for a collective voice in the BC community. Meets monthly.
- Veterans Affinity Group - Advocates for resources and awareness to military-connected individuals, as well as raise awareness of veterans issues, both for students and faculty/staff.
For information about starting a new affinity group, please refer to the Establishing and Maintaining an Affinity Group document.